HOW TO USE INSTAGRAM STORIES FOR BUSINESS
If you are anything like most female entrepreneurs or coaches I know, you probably get hooked into watching Instagram Stories at least a few times a day.
I do it, too! I love seeing what my clients and friends are up to.
Yet, would it not it be amazing if your potential ideal clients were getting hooked into watching your Instagram Stories?!
What if you knew how to get their attention, give them value and how to use Instagram Stories for business?!
I see this tool being way underused by female entrepreneurs and coaches.
Yes, it’s fun to see some random flybys of where you’re at and what you’re up to, but a lot of the time I just feel like I’m either 1) being sold to over and over and over again or, practically the opposite, 2) there’s little intention or direction with what’s going on!
It’s an easy-ish fix to get those Stories up to par, but if you’re anything like me, you want to know why you’re spending your time and energy on Instagram Stories in the first place…
(Important side note: Before I dive in, I’d be doing you a disservice if I gave you all the goods below about Instagram Stories without giving you access to the entire content picture that’ll work best for your service-based business! But don’t stress! I have done the work for you with my content creation calendar…oh, and heck yes, it’s free! So grab yours super quick and then hop back over here.)
HOW DOES INSTAGRAM STORIES BENEFIT YOUR BUSINESS?
- Quick and authentic way to connect (Remember, the key to profitable marketing is connection, so there is so much potential here!)
- Gives viewers instant gratification (Blog posts, like this, and newsletters and other lengthier forms of content marketing are so great for giving meaty chunks of value, but IG Stories is perfect for delivering quick tips, humor and brief glances into your brand!)
- Works great as a supporting tool for Instagram and other platforms (Think of IG Stories as a place to show your audience a quick commercial of something else you have going on on your other platforms!)
- Easy way to show your everyday-ness, that you’re human, too (Beautiful websites are amazing! It’s important to make sure your online storefront is a representation of your talent and passions as a creative entrepreneur, buuuuuut, it’s important not to hide behind them! Your people want to connect with the everyday you!)
OK, you on board for using Stories more intentionally now?!
Sweet. Let’s talk about how to do this!
WHAT SHOULD YOU SAY ON INSTAGRAM STORIES?
- Same stuff you’re talking about everywhere else! (Just say it in smaller pieces. Feel free to repurpose little pieces of your blog or even show a different aspect of your Instagram posts, for that matter!)
- What are you up to? How does it relate to business? (Are you out scouting for a shoot? We want to see! Are you prepping a rad client project? We want to see! Are you eating cereal the same exact way you do every day?! We probably don’t want to see! :-P)
- Value, vulnerability and entertainment! (What are your ideal clients interested in? What kind of questions are they emailing you about? What areas of your real life can they relate to…marriage, kids, travel? What’s your stance? What do you want to be known for? Creatively (we’ll show you how below!) show pieces of all of these things!)
- Show what it’s like to work with you! (I prefer to do this in more subtle, behind-the-scenes ways most of the time, so viewers can enjoy Stories without feeling like I’m selling all the time, because that gets old.)
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO SHARE YOUR CONTENT ON INSTAGRAM STORIES?
- Personally – Show your face! Show us your quirks! Stay on brand!
- Creatively – Be an art director! Use all those funky filters and tools to bring your story to life.
- Concisely – Have a plan! Map it out! Get their attention and get to the point!
- Completely – Tell an actual story!
I believe Instagram Stories is much, much more than a fun, filter-y way to horse around on social media. I believe it is a key tool to modern marketing, especially for creative entrepreneurs who have some helpful media skills up their sleeves!
When approached with intention and plenty of practice, Instagram Stories is a powerful marketing platform that has potential to bring fans and clients in the door.
If you want to jump start your content marketing game plan, grab my free Content Creation Calendar (it even includes a weekly posting schedule!) so you know exactly what to post about on all your favourite platforms?
REMEMBER TO SIGN UP FOR MY FREE FACEBOOK GROUP
One more thing, if you want to hang out with me and hundreds of other online female coaches or photographers, make sure to click here to join my FREE private Facebook group.