When you use my site, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to me. By using the site, you consent to me processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
I may use your information to:
- send you my newsletters from time to time.
- ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so.
- notify you about changes to my service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I may disclose your personal information to any of my group companies (which means my subsidiaries, my ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances:
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) my business or assets;
- if I am required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of myself or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which I hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org In order to meet my costs in responding,
<h3class="text-align-center">ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY </h3class="text-align-center">
PROHIBITED USES OF MY SITE
- any fraudulent activity;
- any activity which breaches any applicable law or regulation, whether national or international;
- any activity which may cause or result in harm to a child under 18 years of age;
- sending unsolicited advertising or other content (spam), or entering into any arrangement for such material to be sent;
- reproducing, selling or otherwise handling my site or its contents in breach of my terms of website use;
- knowingly introducing to my site, or transmit or attempt to transmit to any other site, computer or network, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, code or program which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempting to gain unauthorised access to my site, my software, my server, or any server, computer or database connected to my site; or
- attacking my site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
CONTRIBUTING AND INTERACTING
My site may offer users the facilities to upload or contribute content or other material, or to interact with other users. When making use of these facilities, it is your responsibility to ensure that any contribution or interaction is, as far as you are aware, factually correct, represents your honest opinion, and does not breach any applicable law or regulation. In addition, any contribution or interaction must not include any material which (without limitation):-
- is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- is, or refers to material which is, sexually explicit;
- promotes violence, illegal activity or any form of discrimination;
- infringes any other person’s copyright, database right or trade mark;
- threatens, harasses, upsets, embarrasses, alarms or annoys any other person, or is likely to do so;
- advocates, promotes or assists any illegal activity;
- is likely to deceive any person or is made in breach of a legal duty owed to a third party (such as a duty of confidence);
- invades another’s privacy or cause inconvenience or anxiety to any person;
- is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- gives the impression that the material emanates from us, if this is not the case.
If I at any time use my site to provide users with any interactive service, the following moderation provisions will apply:-
- I will notify users if moderation is in place, and, if so, whether the moderation is provided by a person or is automated;
- if moderation is in place, I will give you a means to contact the moderator;
- although I will do my best to assess any risks which such interactive service may pose, I will be under no obligation to moderate it, and I expressly exclude any liability for any loss or damage to any person caused by use of it; and
- children should at all times be supervised when using the interactive services on my site, whether such services are moderated or not.
BREACHES OF THIS POLICY
Please check this page regularly, as I may revise this acceptable use policy at any time. I may also change or update my acceptable use policy at any time by means of notices published anywhere on my site.